9.45 -10am Arrival Bradgate Park
10.00am camera settings & theory
12.30 -1.00pm light lunch (included)
1pm-3pm Practical photography
3pm-4pm Review photographs
4pm-5pm Photo-editing Demonstration
5pm Questions & course feedback
This new Level Two course concentrates on using a variety of filters to improve your landscape photography. It is normally run during the week and runs from 10am - 5pm including a light lunch. Please contact us to arrange a suitable date.
For this course you will require these filters for your wide angle lens:
- A Circular Polarising Filter (CPL)
- 1 or 2 x ND8 Neutral Density Filters (Round or Square with holder) *
- I Set of Graduated Filters with Holder
- * 1x ND8 will do as a start but 2 x ND8 will allow for slower shutter speeds.
Please contact me if you require advice or web links and include your filter thread size. You will also require a sturdy tripod but we do carry a couple of spares.
We briefly cover using some filters on the Intermediate Photography Course but this dedicated Filter Photography Day will allow us to spend more time onusing each filter in a landscape Photography environment.
During the day you will have ample time to perfect each technique, using a selection of different filters, while also seeing how they can be used to improve your landscape photography. The day will cover:
- Using one or more ND8 Neutral Density Filters to achieve shutter speeds as low as 30 seconds. This is the technique used to turn seaside waves into an ethereal mist.
- Using Polarising Filters to darken a blue sky and emphasise the white clouds. Polarising filters can be tricky because they depend on the direction of the sun and also the cloud conditions. I’ll give you some useful hints and tips to enable you to be in the right place at the right time to get the best of out of these fickle filters.
- Using Polarising Filters to remove glare are reflections from water or wet grass. This is a useful technique for improving saturation in a landscape photograph or allowing you to see below the surface of water.
- Using Graduated Neutral Density Filters to darken skies as an alternative to using HDR Photography. For this exercise you will require a set of ND Grads plus a holder. There are well known brands, such as Cokin and Lee Filters, who are excellent, but can prove to be expensive for occasional use. Alternative can be found on Amazon which includes a full set of ND grads and ND Filters plus a holder for around £15. Drop me an email and I’ll send you an up to date link.
- I also have a set of colour graduated filters which can be used to create a sunset effect during the day or add a blue sky to an otherwise white sky day. You will be able to try my filters out before deciding if you want to make the purchase.
Book a Filter Photography Course -
Please Contact Us If You Have Any Questions
email - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 279 6906
What a great day. Really enjoyable and well explained course with wonderful weather. I would highly recommend this course to anyone. Helen Scott
Excellent course with lots to learn with lots of 1 to 1 explanations. Liz Clarke
Great Course! Learnt loads. Lynda Burton
Super course and learnt loads as always. Thanks Glen
"This was an enjoyable, confidence boosting course which clearly explained how to use filters to capture moving water and clouds and make your landscapes more dramatic. Glen showed us how to create interest in the foreground and there was plenty of time for practice, questions and admiring the friendly deer!”
I have been on many of Glen’s courses as they have always been enjoyable and proved to be great value. Again I have learned valuable new skills that with improve my landscape photography, but have also enhanced my understand of the theory through easily explained practical advice. I highly recommend this course.
This was a great days course and just what I was looking for.
This day has ironed out and enhanced the Intermediate day perfectly. Robin Elms.
A thoroughly enjoyable course. Glen was a fantastic teacher and explain the concepts very well with great enthusiasm for the subject. I've come away with a much better understanding of the photography principles and I'm a lot more confident that I will be able to see & record better photographs rather than just snaps Excellent!
My third course with Glen and I still continue to learn more about photography. Glen delivers easily understood tuition at the perfect pace. Highly recommended.
I learnt loads. Great format with a friendly and helpful tutor. Definitely worth it. I'd love to come back and do further courses.
A lot of information was given and all of it of a practical nature. The critique at the end was of a positive and encouraging nature. In a nutshell Glen is a very good teacher.
Having been on one of Glen's other courses I knew I would get a lot from this nature photography course an I wasn't disappointed. I found it a brilliant vehicle in which to practice the skills i'd picked up earlier.
I feel that I'm going away today with a much better understanding of my camera and an increased confidence in my pictures taking.
A very enjoyable and confidence boosting photography course.
I wanted to know how to take good photographs of wildlife and birds. This has been a really enjoyable photography course and I feel much more confident using the different settings now.